Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Essences: Aretha, Sheila Jordan, and Miles


A Facebook thread started by singer Laurie Antonioli with comments by singer Stephanie Bruce inspired me to write some verbal "thumbnails" of some of my favorite artists. We were discussing marketing of artists and I commented that the key is communicating the unique essence of each. So I thought I'd make a stab. 


Here are three of them. What do you think?


Aretha Franklin:
Melding the black church with the bedroom, buoyant girlish flexibility with downhome female power.

Aretha Franklin from lisabmusic blog





Sheila Jordan:
Appalachia meets bebop. Whatever your journey or mine, you can always enter the sunshine of my smile.
Sheila Jordan from lisabmusic blog




Miles Davis:
Ever-evolving cool. 


Miles Davis from lisabmusic blog

3 comments:

  1. From Facebook:

    Sheila Jordan: No I don't think I said that exactly maybe something like it but It's heavy so I'll keep it. Thank you so much for including me in your list. Much love and I am truly honored. xxxxxoooooxxxxxSheila


    Stephanie Bruce: Lisa, I think you just went into the verbal thumbnail business.


    Lisa B Lisa Bernstein: Sheila Jordan, thank you so much! I wasn't trying to quote you, but to say what I feel you are telling your loving audience.


    Sheila Jordan: It's a beautiful quote either way. I am totally honored by it my dear. Love Sheila.

    Brent Sunderland: This is fantastic!

    Vicki Burns You are so creative, Lisa B!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Amazing, interesting content. The Best.. keep it up. Music Status for Whatsapp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I have an occasional newsletter too, so if you'd like to receive it please email me with your email address at lisabmusic at hotmail dot com. Take care, Lisa B (Lisa Bernstein)

      Delete

Thanks for adding your voice!