Saturday, August 17, 2024

Thanks, Santa Cruz Press, for the Warm Coverage!

Santa Cruz and its press gave me a very warm welcome when I returned to my former hometown (well, one of them), which is my former college town to boot, for a poetry reading August 6, 2024 in my continued rollout of the poetry book God in Her Ruffled Dress (now available in both paperback and audiobook!).
 
The event was part of Inter|Act's newish series of poets and spoken-word artists giving recitations of their work at the lovely Satori Arts theatre on the West Side -- not far from where I lived in my last year of school at UC Santa Cruz. (We drove by that house afterward.)
 
Good Times published a fat paragraph about the event. Wow!

Then the Santa Cruz Sentinel's profile ran not only online but on a half-page in the print edition! I enjoyed speaking with reporter Nick Sestanovich for the story at the ungodly-for-me hour of 10 a.m., and he did a great job with it. I'd wager h
e didn't even know I was still in bed. 

The audience had that reliably welcoming, somewhat serene Santa Cruz vibe that never seems to change no matter how many new people move to the city. I liked the readers in the open mic too, and appreciated the solid, friendly stewardship of the event by Jace Rowe from Inter|Act and Tom Brady from Satori Arts. May their arts work and play continue to cruise in Cruz! Thanks for bringing me back to read poetry here for the first time in decades!

Good Times Item on Poetry Reading by Lisa B (Lisa Bernstein)Good Times Item on Poetry Reading by Lisa B (Lisa Bernstein)

Good Times Item on Poetry Reading by Lisa B (Lisa Bernstein)




Good Times Item



Soquel High graduate to return to 

Santa Cruz for poetry reading at Satori Arts

Santa Cruz Sentinel story



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your voice!